In recent years, digital marketing has gained immense popularity with the rise of the internet. Fortune India estimates that the Indian advertising market will expand by 14.7% in 2023, illustrating the significance of digital marketing.
Digital marketing is critical for a company’s profits and brand visibility. Most companies today are shifting their business online by developing a website, social media presence, and a digital advertising strategy. One of the best things about digital marketing is that you can go creative and experiment with various marketing methods on a budget, as digital marketing offers many options.
In this blog, we’ll go through the various digital marketing tools you can use to expand your digital presence and how to get the most out of them.
What is Digital Marketing?
Digital marketing is the practice of promoting and marketing goods and services using digital technology, including websites, search engines, social media, email, and mobile applications. It helps increase audience reach, the number of leads, sales, and conversions. Search engine optimization, content marketing, social media marketing, email marketing, and other strategies are all examples of digital marketing approaches using the best digital marketing tools.
GET CONFIRMED 3.6 LAC SALARY by enrolling in our digital marketing course with placement guarantee.
Importance of Digital Marketing
Digital marketing can be used to advertise goods and services, raise brand recognition, and increase website traffic. Businesses can design focused campaigns that reach their chosen demographic and help them realize their marketing objectives by understanding digital marketing. The following are the benefits of digital marketing.
- Companies that use digital marketing tools and tactics may be able to boost customer contact, assess the performance of their marketing initiatives, and make data-driven decisions. A solid digital marketing strategy is essential for firms to compete and succeed in today’s digital economy.
- Digital marketing is an effective tool for connecting with current consumers and attracting new ones. It enables companies to reach a larger audience, raise brand recognition, and boost sales.
- Compared to conventional marketing strategies, digital marketing enables organizations to easily assess performance and reach a wider audience. Additionally, it gives companies a chance to engage with customers more deeply.
The digital marketing industry is predicted to grow at a CAGR of 32.1% to a value of USD 24.1 billion by 2028. By 2027, there will be about 6 billion internet users. This indicates that the demand for talented digital marketers will only grow in the future. According to LinkedIn, one of the top talents to master in 2023 is to advance your career in digital marketing.
There are multiple tools used in digital marketing to enhance the performance of a successful campaign. You can learn about the best digital marketing tools, various types of digital marketing, how to use digital marketing to your advantage, and more by taking a digital marketing course.
Top 10 Tools Used in Digital Marketing
We have carefully picked this digital marketing tools list so that you can understand and use each of these popular technologies. Knowledge of these tools will help you create and implement successful campaigns for your organization or can even prove useful for personal use.
1. Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a Google web analytics service that tracks and reports the traffic of any website. It aids its users in making numerous marketing decisions. With this tool’s insights, users can understand where they need to make changes to their website.
Some of the features of Google Analytics are:
- It offers extensive information about website traffic, such as user behavior, acquisition channels, and geographic location.
- Users may also measure conversions, objectives, and e-commerce activities.
- The users can create metrics, dimensions, and dashboards for easy access to information.
- It provides real-time data about the website’s customers, such as how people engage with it.
Google Analytics is a free-to-use tool. However, there are paid upgrades available if one wants to access advanced features.
SEMrush is a digital marketing tool that offers information on website analytics, keyword research, search engine rankings, and link building, among other things.
Some of the features of SEMrush are:
- It delivers real-time data and insights for developing an efficient digital marketing plan.
- It assists businesses in understanding how their competitors are performing.
- It helps boost organic traffic with SEO tools.
- It also helps in building a social media strategy.
The pricing plans for SEMrush are:
- Pro: $129.95/month
- Guru: $249.95/month
- Business: $499.95/month
HubSpot is an organic marketing and sales platform that assists companies in attracting visitors, generating leads, and closing deals. It provides the user with tools for email marketing, social media management, reporting, and analytics.
Some of the features of HubSpot are:
- It has a CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system.
- It has a CMS (Content Management System).
- It also provides the user with marketing automation tools.
- Free instructional resources for companies are provided.
There is a free version available for HubSpot. The pricing plan varies across various suites that it provides. The plans for the HubSpot marketing hub are:
- Starter: $18/month
- Professional: $800/month
- Enterprise: $3600/month
MailChimp is an email marketing tool that businesses use to communicate with their consumers. It enables users to develop email campaigns, manage subscriber lists, and track campaign results. MailChimp is utilized by organizations of various kinds, from small startups to major corporations.
Some of the features of MailChimp are:
- It creates custom designs with AI-powered assistants.
- The user can create personalized emails and increase orders with a marketing automation tool.
- All the insights and analytics tools are available in one place.
- It includes statistics, social network integration, and an API for developers.
Other than the free plan, the paid pricing plans for MailChimp include:
- Essentials: $4.61 per year
- Standard: $6.88 per year
- Premium: $137.54 per year
Ahrefs is a series of tools designed for SEO and marketing experts. It has several functions including keyword research, backlink analysis, competition analysis, and content research. It can help users raise their search engine ranks, increase website traffic, and monitor the performance of their competitors’ websites.
Some of the features of Ahrefs are:
- It has several functions including keyword research, backlink analysis, and competition analysis.
- It also has a massive data index.
- It helps the users to strategically choose the topic for their content.
- It has a comprehensive SaaS tool for checking snippets of testimonials.
The pricing plans for Ahrefs are:
- Lite: $99/month
- Standard: $199/month
- Advanced: $399/month
- Enterprise: $999/month
6. Google Adwords
Google Ads is a Google-developed online advertising service in which corporations pay to show users brief advertising copy, product listings, and video content using the Google Ad network. Advertisers can set a budget for their campaign and select keywords that they believe potential purchasers would search for. When a user enters one of these terms into a search engine, the advertiser’s ad may appear alongside the results. Advertisers have to pay a certain amount when a user clicks on one of their ads. Google Ads focuses mostly on keywords.
Some of the features of Google Ads are:
- It provides the user with a keyword planner.
- Video editing tools are incorporated into performance campaign setup and editing workflows.
- It provides a page feed section for refined searches.
- A new feature includes campaign-level brand exclusions. It is to help block traffic from brand misspellings and the brand name in foreign languages.
You can begin using Google Ads for free but will have to pay for the cost-per-click
according to the budget you set.
Canva is a design tool where users can generate visual material such as posters, flyers, and social media images. It is an excellent tool for any novice designer and can be used by both designing professionals and non-designers. It is simple to use and works both on a website and a mobile app.
Some of the features of Canva are:
- It has a drag-and-drop interface, a bank of stock photographs and graphics, and a range of layouts and design components.
- Additionally, users can submit their own photos and objects.
- There is a team collaboration feature available for group projects.
Other than the free version, the pricing plans for Canva include:
- Canva Pro: ₹3,999 per year for one person
- Canva for Teams: ₹9,980 per year for five people
Sprout Social is a social media management tool that enables businesses and organizations to manage and schedule posts. It also helps businesses communicate with their audience, and analyze their performance across various social media platforms, including Facebook, X, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
Some of the features of Sprout Social are:
- It contains team collaboration tools.
- It allows users to create unlimited posts.
- It provides its users with listening and monitoring tools and customer relationship management tools.
- It is used to schedule and post content, track mentions, interactions, and keywords, and calculate the ROI of their social media activities.
The pricing plans for Sprout Social are:
- Standard: $249 per month
- Professional: $399 per month
- Advanced: $499 per month
- For details on the Enterprise plan, you can contact Sprout Social.
BuzzSumo is a content research and analysis tool that assists users in understanding the performance and engagement of content on various social media networks. The tool showcases analytics for total shares, likes, and links, and the option to filter results by date range, content category, and social network. It is used by marketers, PR professionals, and content creators to find and analyze trending content in their industry.
Some of the features of BuzzSumo are:
- Users can search for and evaluate information by subject, domain, author, and competition.
- It assists users in locating prominent people and companies in a certain category and tracking their performance over time.
- It also offers a monitoring feature that enables users to track mentions of their brand, competitors’ brands, or keywords related to their sector on the internet and social media.
There is a free trial available. The pricing plans for BuzzSumo are:
- Content Creation: $199 per month for one user
- The PR and Communications: $299 per month for five users
- Suite plan: $499 per month for ten users
- Enterprise: $999 per month for thirty users
Unbounce is a landing page creation and optimization software that enables businesses to develop, design, and publish high-converting landing pages without requiring any coding or IT assistance.
It enables users to design and perform A/B testing for customized landing pages, overlays, and sticky bars in paid advertising campaigns, email campaigns, social media campaigns, and other applications. It is intended for organizations of all sizes and is available in web-based and mobile app formats.
Some of the features of Unbounce are:
- Users can link Unbounce with other marketing tools, such as Google Analytics, Mailchimp, Salesforce, and others.
- It allows dynamic text replacement.
- A user can check the analysis for conversion with this tool.
- It provides marketing tools such as email service providers and CRM.
There is a 14-day free trial. The pricing plans for Unbounce are:
- Launch: $99/month
- Optimize: $145/month
- Accelerate: $240/month
- Concierge: $625/month
Trello is a digital marketing tool used for creating, scheduling, and organizing content online. It is perfect for working on team projects as users can assign team members to a single card for them to work together.
Some of the features of Trello are:
- It allows you to create cards, boards, and lists for project management.
- The users can add deadlines to the tasks.
- Subtasks within a task can be made into a checklist.
- It automates tasks and workflow with Butler automation.
Other than the free plan, the three pricing plans for Trello are:
- Standard: $5/month
- Premium: $10/month
- Enterprise: $17.50/month
Visme is a cloud-based digital marketing tool used to create a variety of content, such as presentations, infographics, and social media graphics. It offers a wide range of templates, massive stock images, and illustration libraries.
Some of the features of Visme are:
- It provides collaboration tools and an activity dashboard.
- Users can also import their PowerPoint presentations to Visme.
- It allows users to auto-animate presentations with smart slide transitions.
The pricing plans for Visme are:
- Basic: Free
- Starter: $12.25/month
- Pro: $24.75/month
- Visme for Teams: Contact Visme
13. Yoast SEO
Yoast SEO is a WordPress plugin that helps its users optimize their websites for better performance in search engine results pages. It helps with managing keywords, creating content, submitting sitemaps, etc.
Some of the features of Yoast SEO are:
- It provides for in-built content analysis.
- It also has features for managing duplicate data.
- It provides access to meta boxes for inserting meta titles and meta descriptions for the content.
- It produces automatic XML sitemaps for websites and gives them to search engines.
Other than a free plugin plan, there are two pricing plans available for Yoast SEO.
- Yoast SEO Premium Plugin: $99/year
- Plugin Subscription: $299/year
Typeform is a digital marketing tool that allows one to create and share forms, quizzes, and surveys. It provides the user with a drag-and-drop interface and a wide variety of customizable templates and designs.
Some of the features of Typeform are:
- It offers real-time analytics and data validation.
- It can be integrated with other tools, such as Mailchimp, Salesforce, Google Sheets, etc.
- One can create personalized experiences for users with Typeform’s ability to add logic and branch questions.
The pricing plans for Typeform are:
- Basic: $25/month
- Plus: $50/month
- Business: $83/month
- Enterprise: Contact sales
Slack is widely used by digital marketers for team collaborations. It is considered a powerful medium that facilitates effective communication with its messaging platform which is bulked up with a diverse collection of options and settings.
Some of the features of Slack are:
- It allows efficient communication with team members in real-time.
- It has features for video conferencing as well, making remote collaboration much easier.
- It allows the user to create multiple groups.
There is a free plan available. For the Enterprise Grid plan, you can contact the sales team on Slack. Other pricing plans for Slack are:
- Pro: $218/month
- Business: $375.20/month
Clearbit is a company that provides data on companies and people to businesses. It is used to enhance account-based marketing and lead generation. It can also be used by compliance teams to prevent fraud and comply with regulations.
Some of the features of Clearbit are:
- Integrations can be made to CRM and marketing automation software.
- It provides alerts on changes happening in industries and companies you follow.
- It has the ability to clear or enrich data available in other systems.
One can create a free account. For a business account, contact Clearbit for pricing details.
17. Survey Anyplace
Survey Anyplace allows the user to create interactive surveys, quizzes, and assessments for their targeted customer base. The created surveys help in building brand awareness and creating an identity through the digital medium.
Some of the features of Survey Anyplace are:
- It provides personalized advice to the respondents.
- It allows you to create surveys and quizzes and get valuable insights.
- It is a useful tool for understanding market demands.
- It allows images to be included in surveys as well.
The pricing plans for Survey Anyplace are:
- Essential: $39/month
- Professional: $59/month
- Enterprise: Available on request
- ReportR: Available on request
Audience is a social media analytics and audience intelligence program. It provides insights, such as the behavior, interests, and demographics of social media users.
Some of the features of Audiense are:
- It lets you analyze the competitor’s social media channels.
- It helps you identify key influencers.
- You can create custom audience segments and send automated direct messages.
Audiense provides a free trial and the details for the pricing plans are available at request.
Moosend is an affordable digital marketing tool that provides efficient email solutions. It is helpful in email marketing and automation experience.
Some of the features of Moosend are:
- It facilitates codeless campaigns and simple automation.
- It provides certain landing page features, such as mobile pop-ups and countdown timers.
There is a 30-day free trial available. Pro plan is $9 per month. Enterprise plan details are available on request.
Clearscope is a useful tool for content writing. There is a detailed editor that recommends keywords and headers and helps enhance the readability of the blog. The users can create well-balanced and high-ranking blogs with this tool.
Some of the features of Clearscope are:
- It provides easy-to-use integrations for better workflows. You can use it with Google Docs add-on and WordPress plugin.
- It provides free training to its customers.
The pricing plans for Clearscope are:
- Essentials: $170 / month
- Business: Custom pricing
- Enterprise: Custom pricing
Optimizely is used to run tests on various audience segments. To run these tests, it combines tools for visual creation and audience targeting.
Some of the features of Optimizely are:
- It is a no-code platform that allows you to test minor and major edits on your pages.
- It provides both a content management system and a content marketing platform.
- The board is constantly optimized according to the insights gained through the experiments.
- It has features such as customized commerce and configured commerce for a personalized e-commerce experience.
The details of pricing plans for Optimizely are available on request on their website.
Hotjar is a digital marketing tool that provides you with real-time visual records of the visitor, their actions, and on-site behaviors.
Some of the features of Hotjar are:
- Heatmaps are used to show where people are clicking on the page.
- It provides video recordings of the visitor’s journey.
- You can integrate it with Google Analytics, Unbounce, and more.
The pricing plans for Hotjar are:
- Basic: Free
- Plus: $32/month
- Business: $80/month
- Scale: $171/month
OptiMonk is a platform for website personalization, creating personalized pop-ups, and performing A/B testing. The platform targets the customers based on their behavior, creating pop-ups that are not disruptive and help grab the attention of the customer.
Some of the features of OptiMonk are:
- You can monetize your traffic through pop-ups with this tool.
- It provides a no-code editor for website personalization.
- It lets you experiment to find the best headlines, combinations of messages, and offers within seconds.
Other than a free plan, there are pricing plans available for OptiMonk. They are:
- Essential: $39/month
- Growth: $99/month
- Premium: $249/month
- Master: Details available on request
Creatopy is a graphic design tool helpful in digital marketing as it has features specific to marketers. It lets businesses customize, automate, and scale up their ad production.
Some of the features of Creatopy are:
- Design sets and brand kits are organized in such a way that they allow the agencies to manage multiple clients and social accounts.
- Its ad maker provides superior workflow control.
- All the designing features are available in a single design tool, allowing for a seamless ad-making process.
The pricing plans for Creatopy are:
- Basic: $24/month
- Pro: $36/month
- Plus: $141/month
Venngage is a graphic creator that especially focuses on infographics. It allows the user to customize the infographics based on their brand demands with the help of built-in graphics.
Some of the features of Venngage are:
- It provides a wide range of professional infographic templates.
- It also has diverse icons and free stock images for the design.
- It provides smart diagram features that will help you visualize ideas with diagrams, mind maps, flowcharts, etc.
A free plan is available for the starters. The pricing plans for Venngage include:
- Premium: $10/month
- Business: $24/month
- Enterprise: $499/month
Digital Marketing as a Career Path
Digital marketing professionals are in high demand. An average digital marketer’s salary is $130,392 annually. However, this varies based on the position, region, and years of experience. Many digital marketing jobs allow you to work remotely as well, which allows digital marketing professionals to achieve a better work-life balance.
Digital marketing can benefit any company in any industry. Regardless of what your firm offers, digital marketing helps in constructing buyer personas to understand the needs of your target audience and generate meaningful online content. However, this does not mean that all organizations should adopt a digital marketing strategy with the best digital marketing tools in the same way.
If you’re someone looking for a job in the field of digital marketing, you can prepare yourself with this exhaustive list of digital marketing interview questions to improve your basic knowledge.